Forums » Mississippi

You GOTTA vote for Chris McDaniel for Senate!

• 12 posts
    June 6, 2018 3:54 PM PDT

The establishment just doesn't get it.

You should invite people to join ProAmericaOnly!

Get ACTIVE, involved, daily with "Your State" forum.

https://mcdaniel2018.com/cindy-hyde-smith-failing-mississippi/

• 7 posts
    July 28, 2018 9:37 PM PDT

I am very new to this site but like it so for.  Yes we do gotta vote for Chris McDaniel and I certainly will.

• 7 posts
    September 6, 2018 7:02 PM PDT

This is a special election to replace Thad Cochran.  It is a free for all general election with multiple Republicans and a Democrat on the ballot. Democrat Mike Espy once held the house seat that is now held by Bennie Thompson.  Espy left that seat when Slick Willy appointed him Secretary of Agriculture.  One of the Republicans is the conservative Chris McDaniel who models himself after Mike Lee of Utah. The other is Cindy Hyde-Smith who is the moderate Democrat who changed parties to run for a statewide office.  Our "Republican"  governor appointed Hyde-Smith as interim until an election could be held.

There is some dirty politics going on that is akin to blackmail.  Our governor has a personal grudge against McDaniel so he appointed the moderate.  He intentionally set up the situation where voters are afraid that if they vote for a Republican not endorsed by the Grand Old Party it will cause a split and give the race to Espy.  For that to happen he would have to take more than 50% of the total vote which is not likely, but the fear is still there. The top 2 will go to a run off and Espy would stand no chance against either one of them.  

Our "Republican" governor has lied to President Trump and made him believe that endorsing the conservative would help Espy.  I understand the logic behind his endorsement of a swamp rat but I also believe he would rather see the conservative elected.    

This post was edited by Cliff Brown at September 10, 2018 7:01 PM PDT
    • 2 posts
    September 10, 2018 7:11 PM PDT
    Cliff Brown said:

This is a special election to replace Thad Cochran.  It is a free for all general election with multiple Republicans and a Democrat on the ballot. Democrat Mike Espy once held the house seat that is now held by Bennie Thompson.  Espy left that seat when Slick Willy appointed him Secretary of Agriculture.  One of the Republicans is the conservative Chris McDaniel who models himself after Mike Lee of Utah. The other is Cindy Hyde-Smith who is the moderate Democrat who changed parties to run for a statewide office.  Our "Republican"  governor appointed Hyde-Smith as interim until an election could be held.

There is some dirty politics going on that is akin to blackmail.  Our governor has a personal grudge against McDaniel so he appointed the moderate.  He intentionally set up the situation where voters are afraid that if they vote for a Republican not endorsed by the Grand Old Party it will cause a split and give the race to Espy.  For that to happen he would have to take more than 50% of the total vote which is not likely, but the fear is still there. The top 2 will go to a run off and Espy would stand no chance against either one of them.  

Our "Republican" governor has lied to President Trump and made him believe that endorsing the conservative would help Espy.  I understand the logic behind his endorsement of a swamp rat but I also believe he would rather see the conservative elected.